Most times we find it difficult to express our gratitude to an elderly person being your grandparents or that elderly person who has always been there for us to give us life-long advice. This post contains a list of heartwarming Thank you notes to that elderly person in your life. Feel free to choose one that resonates with your feelings.
Thank You Message To An Elderly Person
1. Thank you for all the great life advice. I really appreciate it.
2. Thank you for all the time you spent with me when I was younger. You are not just an important part of my childhood memories, but someone who helped shape who I am today.
3. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. I am who I am today because of my grandparents. They were always good and kind, and you are the same way!
4. Thank you for being the best aunt a girl could ever have.
5. Thank you for being so kind and nice. From the moment I met you you have been an inspiration. You are always happy and energetic, and I am glad to know you.
6. Thank you for telling me your story. I never had someone tell their life story to me before. It made my day and I really appreciate you taking the time to spend with me.
7. Thank you for all that you have given me. I know life has not been easy and there is a lot of pain behind your smile. You never complained though, and always had something encouraging to say. Thank you for everything because I really appreciate it.
8. Thank you for being a role model to me of what it takes to get old happily. You are always so happy, laughing, and performing random dance moves that always make me smile. I love that about you.
9. Thank you for all the memories and moments you have shared with me. I will never forget all of the times you have picked me up, put me down, and carried me when I was sick. Knowing all the effort you went through makes me feel very appreciative. You are a blessing.
10. Thank you for being a great example. When I see how hard you work and how you always help people in need, I feel so inspired to do the same. Thank you for paving the way for me and the other kids growing up today. Thank you for all that you have done, and all of the wisdom you share with us every day. Even though I’m grown up now, I’ll never forget about it.
11. Thank you for your lifelong career in the medical field.
12. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into helping me out. It is very much appreciated. I have never met someone as kind, caring, and helpful as you are.
13. Dear Grandma and Grandpa, You are the most incredible grandparents anyone could ask for. I’m so grateful that you have blessed me with such a great life and have always been there to support me. I love you!
14. Thank you so much for your help and support. I am very grateful you were there to help me. Also, thank you for helping my family when we needed it the most. I really appreciate you.
15. Thank you for telling me about your life. It was an honor to have you be my mentor for a period. I am very grateful for everything you have done for me. In return, I will always remember what you have taught me.
16. You have taught me so much about this world. I do not know where I would be without your guidance and support. You have taken a lot of time to care for me and I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you very much for everything that you have done for me.
17. Thank you for all of the wise advice you have given me. I have taken your words and used them to my own benefit in both my personal and professional life. I look up to you so much for your kindness and generosity.
18. Thank you for being a good example to everyone around you – you are constantly volunteering at the animal shelter and are making an impact there. Thank you for being an example of kindness and selflessness to us.
19. Thank you for the things you have done for me. I have learned so much from you. I’m proud to call you my friend. You are an amazing person and know that you will be a role model for me, no matter where my life takes me.
20. Thank you for serving this country. You’ve done things I can only dream about, and now I stand in awe as your wisdom and humor shine. This may be the first Veteran’s Day I’ve spent with a veteran (probably won’t be the last), but it will certainly be a memorable one. Thank you for being there when I need guidance and thank you for my education and my freedom.
21. Thank you for the great life lessons you have passed on to me. You have influenced me in ways that I would never have thought possible. I appreciate that you are a second mom to me. You always know how to cheer me up when I am down, with your wisdom and care.
22. Thank you for teaching me how to cook when I was a young boy. I do not know how much of that I still remember, but everything I learned from you has made me into the person I am today.
23. Thank you for being so kind to me. I just want you to know how much I value that and how much it has influenced the person I am today.
24. Thank you for all the support you’ve given me over the years. I will appreciate it forever.
25. Thank you for all that you do. You always support me and give me a sense of confidence in myself.
26. Thank you for always being there when I needed help with something. You’ve been helping me with things since I was a child, and I always appreciate it. I have great memories of things we have done together and I hope we can make many more great memories in the future.
27. Thank you for raising such a great son. I couldn’t ask for someone better to have by my side.
28. Thank you for all that you have done for me. I know most of the time you were just telling me things because you had to, but I am going to try and make sure that I do my best so that when I look back at my life, I will be able to say that both of my grandmothers were not just good people, but great people who made a difference in the lives of others.
29. Thank you for everything you have done. I have learned so many things from you and will always try to be the best person I can be because of your influence in my life.
30. Thank you for all the knowledge and experience you have shared with me over the years I’ve known you. You have taught me many things that have brought great joy into my life and also helped me enjoy other things even in the toughest of times.
31. Thank you for being such a great friend. I treasure our time together, and as much as I look forward to seeing you, I also dread saying goodbye when it is time for me to go home. Thank you for always including me in all of your activities – from watching baseball games to attending religious services. Thank you for your generosity and selflessness. I am proud to know you.
32. Thank you for always being there for me. I feel so lucky that I get to learn from you! I am grateful for having your wisdom and advice. You really help me to focus, be positive and stay true to myself.
33. Thank you for being you.
34. Thank you for being such an important part of my life. You have taught me so much, from how to cook and sew to how to behave in a professional setting. I am sure this will not be the last time we will see each other, but I wish for it to be for a very long time. I hope our journey together is just starting.
35. Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for the wisdom and knowledge you give to me. Thank you for all that you have done.
36. Thank you for all you have done for me. I appreciate your help and support. Thanks for being such a positive influence in my life.
37. Thank you for being there whenever I am in your neighborhood. Your smile always makes me happy, and your words of wisdom have helped me time and time again. I truly thank God for putting you on my path.
38. Thank you for being the grandfather I never knew I wanted. You have been there for me since day one, helping me with my homework and encouraging me to do the best that I can. Thank you for being my grandfather.
39. Thank you for being my wonderful neighbor. I do not know what we would do without your help. It’s great to live next door to someone as kind and thoughtful as you.
40. Thank you for allowing us to visit and be in your lovely home. I can’t imagine how old the house is, but it looks wonderful. I’m happy that you enjoy the tea that I bring and look forward to the next time we can visit.
41. Thank you for all of the patience you have given me. Teaching me to be independent from an early age has given me a better sense of self. I appreciate your hard work and dedication to giving me the chance to grow.
42. Thank you for all of your advice. You have been my biggest influence in life and I hope to carry with me the values you have passed on to me. Thank you for being such a good friend.
43. Thank you for helping me with everything I needed when I was a kid. You were at my beck and call, always ready to listen to my dreams and make them come true. How lucky am I to have someone like you in my life!
44. Thank you for always answering my questions when I don’t understand something. Also, thank you for taking the time to ask me about my day and making me feel like I’m doing good in school. You are a great teacher!
45. Thank you for raising such a wonderful son. I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for your molding. He is an incredible man and I thank you for him. I hope you are having a great day, we are thinking about you.
46. You are an inspiration to the world. It is an honor and privilege to have you as my grandfather. Thanks for being the most interesting old person I know and giving me great life lessons and advice. I love you lots.
47. Thank you for what you’ve done for the world. You have impacted millions of people’s lives. Your effort and inspiration can be seen in each person, it is your legacy. Thank you to your parents and family who have sacrificed so much to help you succeed. Thank you again, it is one thing to live a long life but another thing to live a meaningful life with gratitude.
48. Thank you for always greeting me with a smile when I call you. You are always so kind and loving, and I am so grateful that you are my grandmother. Thank you for helping me get through low moments with your wise advice. You are a wonderful woman, Mom. I love you!
49. Thank you for being a great role model. You are a person who always puts others ahead of yourself and truly shows kindness to everyone that you meet. I admire how generous you are, thank you for all your help.
50. Thank you for all you have done in your lifetime. I know you’ve experienced a great deal of struggles and pain, but it’s also true that you are appreciated highly for all of the work you have done in this world. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to raise children like me. This is something I never could have done without you. It’s an honor to kiss your hand and thank you on behalf of my generation.
51. Thank you for being so kind to me when I was down. You were so supportive and sweet, and the advice you gave really helped. Thank you for everything.
52. Thank you, Mrs. Jones, for all the opportunities you gave to me while I was growing up. Thank you for always giving me advice and pushing me to help others. I only wish I had realized this sooner.
53. Thank you for being the best grandparents I could ask for. I love coming over to your house and having dinner with you, and we had a really nice vacation together last year. I always look forward to spending time with you, especially because of how unforgettable your stories are. Thank you for loving me so much.
54. Thank you for the entire time I have seen you. You’ve been an amazing influence on me since I was very young. Even before that, really! I love hearing stories about when you were my age. They make me think much more highly of myself and my generation. And they are also very interesting!
55. Thank you for being such a strong woman. You have raised three kids, ran a household, and traveled extensively throughout your life. We are all in awe of you. Don’t ever change.
56. Thank you for looking out for me. I feel so grown up now that I’m responsible for all the groceries I’ve bought. Even though you have shaky hands, you still always pack heavy bags in your shopping cart! Thank you for being such a great role model.
57. Thank you for all that you have done. I know your life has been a long and eventful journey. As you are getting older, I appreciate the time we may have to spend together. I’d like for us to visit more often in the future and enjoy the wonderful stories you tell about your youth.
58. Thank you for being there for me as I grew up. You are much like a second mother to me, and I am truly grateful for that.
59. Thank you for everything you do for us. I know it is not easy to always be helping out, but we appreciate you being there for us whenever we need you.
60. Thank you for being a great role model. I appreciate everything you have done and the sacrifices you have made. You are truly one of the greatest people I know.
61. Thank you for being open-minded and friendly. I know it is not easy to change your mind about strangers, but you are one of the nicest people I have ever met.
62. Thank you for your kindness and what you’ve taught me. You are always a good listener and you are so friendly. Thank you for being such a great role model!
63. Thank you for being there for me. I know (name) and I don’t always like the same things or do the same things, but you are never judgmental or critical. You are always smiling and I feel so safe when I am around you.
64. Thank you for being an example to me at such a young age. I hope to be just like you, but without all of the hard work.
65. Thank you for being in my life. I can’t imagine not seeing your smile every day or hearing all of the stories you have to tell. I love spending time with you, even if it means watching baseball. You are a great example of how a person should live their life.
66. Thank you for reading all of my angry, whiny, and weird entries in the middle of the night. It means a lot to know I have a shoulder I can cry on if I need one.
67. Thank you for all the wisdom and advice you have been passing down to me. I was happy to finally be able to put your great wisdom into practice when I slowly danced for the first time with my boyfriend at our wedding.
68. Thank you for showing me how to do things. I learn in a very different way than most people and sometimes I get frustrated as a result. I am glad you were patient with me as we worked together on this project. It makes me feel good to know that I know so much more now than when we first started working together.
69. Thank you for the gifts you gave me when I was born. And thank you for being in my life all these years. I will cherish your love and support, as well as cherish these memories we share together.
70. Thank you for always reminding me to smile and laughing at my jokes. You are an inspiration and I cannot thank you enough.
71. Thank you for all of your help. I know it can be difficult to get around now, but it is definitely appreciated! Thanks for everything.
72. Thank you for all the advice and support you have given me over this last year. You are always there to answer my questions. I appreciate how much you care, as does my family.
73. Thank you for all the help you have given me when I needed it. I know it must be difficult to get around now, but I know you’re in my corner. Thank you so much!
74. Thank you for always smiling at me. I know it is not easy for you to do, but I appreciate it every day. You are such a kind and wonderful person that I have no doubt you have made a positive impact on the world. I hope your New Year brings you much happiness.
75. Thank you for being such a great neighbor. We have lived next to each other for 20 years, and although we were introduced in passing when we first moved in, we’ve become good friends over the years. I feel closer to you than my own brother because of how loyal and caring you are.
77. Thank you for the conversations we have. You have taught me to see things differently, and I’m grateful for that. I enjoy our chats very much and hope we can continue to get together as often as possible.
78. Thank you for your advice these past few years. You have actually helped me turn my life around when I was down. I gained a lot of perspective and maturity because of you and the opportunities you gave me. Thank you for the laughs, and thank you for being wonderful.
79. Thank you for the stories about your childhood. I almost feel like I know what it is like to live in this town from the time period of your stories.
80. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You have always been so nice to me and are the nicest person I know. I will never forget you and think about you always. Thank you for being the aging, wise person that everyone wishes they had in their life.
81. Thank you for everything. You have been a great teacher and I’m very grateful for all that you have done for me in the past.
82. Thank you for your help. I’m so glad that there are people like you who are still willing to help a person in need. I hope you and your family can have a wonderful holiday season.
83. Thank you for all of your stories. I really enjoyed the time we spent together. It was exactly what I needed today.
84. Thank you for being part of my life. You’ve had an enormous role in making it what it is today. To you, every day is a gift, because you’re still here. I believe your presence in this world and in my life is a blessing from God that I’m grateful for.
85. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today. I enjoyed visiting you and getting to know you a bit better. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.
86. Thank you for all of your help. I could not have done it without your wisdom and help. You really are an incredibly beautiful person inside and out.
87. Thank you for your wisdom when I needed it. You told me some things that really changed my life for the better and made it a lot easier. You are amazing!
88. Thank you for coming all the way to see me. I was extremely surprised and happy to hear that you were in the hospital at the same time as me. It’s been on my mind since we met another day deciding to visit you.
89. Thank you for all the advice you have given me. Whether it is in my career or relationships, your guidance has been invaluable. Thank you for always being so warm and kind. I hope that you will continue to be in my life for many years to come.